Wednesday 31 October 2012

Ambrosia revisited

It was in early 2010 that I first wrote about this wine. Time for a brief update.

Weingut Aloisiushof, Riesling "Ambrosia" trocken 2008, Pfalz, Germany
Golden/straw-coloured with greenish reflexes. Spicy red fruit, stone fruit and a creaminess jump out of the glass. To capture as much aroma as possible, it's probably best not chilling this wine that much, if at all. Creamy again on the palate but pinpoint dry - meaning that it sports broad shoulders but does not lack focus. Luscious peach in abundance. Full-bodied, spicy Pfalz Riesling.

I liked this wine back then and I love it now. The "bright future" I somewhat boldly predicted is actually starting to come true. There is a generosity about this wine that makes me smile.

No comments:

Post a Comment